A well respected real estate professional since 1999 and consistent Top Producer, Terry strives to be his client’s “Real Estate Resource for Life”. His goal is “simply to meet and exceed his clients' goals and expectations.” His success is due to his exceptional marketing, use of cutting edge technology, and comprehensive market knowledge. A dedicated professional and skilled negotiator, Burns provides his clients a superior level of service and resources, allowing them to make the best, informed decisions possible. He transitioned to the real estate industry from the national/international trade association profession where he served over 25 years in capacities ranging from Director of Education to President and CEO.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Marketing, California State University, Pomona; Masters of Real Estate candidate, Graduate School of Real Estate, REALTOR® University, Chicago, Illinois.
Awards & Recognition: With over $200 million in closed residential sales, he has received The Realty Alliance’s National Sales Award for ranking in the top five percent of all residential real estate sales professionals in America; Allen Tate’s Chairman’s Circle highest designation award based on closed sales volume; NVAR’s Multi-Million Dollar Life Member Top Producer Award and Long & Foster's annual $10+ Million Sales Achievement Award; and L&F’s Chairman’s Hall of Fame and Founder’s Club Awards.
Professional Affiliations, Certifications and Designations:
• National Association of Realtors (NAR)
• Charlotte Regional Realtor® Association (CRRA)
• Northern Virginia Association of Realtors® (NVAR)
• Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC) (ABR® Designee)
• National & Regional Council of Residential Specialists (CRS® Designee)
• National Association of Real Estate Consultants (Certified C-CREC™)
• The Residential Finance Consultant (Certified RFC)
• Council of Neighborhood Specialists (CNS®)
• American Society of REO Specialists (ASREOS)
• Certified Short-Sale Professional (CSP)
• Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
• Certified Investor Agent Specialist (CIAS)
Family: Terry was born in Wichita, Kansas and raised in Southern California. He and wife Kathy live in Charlotte, NC. With the exception of two years living in Connecticut and working in New York City, he made his home in northern Virginia from 1974-2014. They have a married daughter Traci, UNC graduate and Personal Trainer, two grandchildren, Ava and Evan; and son Matt, GMU graduate and Investment Banking and Capital Markets/Wholesale Cross-Sell & Analytics with Wells Fargo Securities.
Licensed in North Carolina