7 inexpensive home staging items to wow potential buyers
Staging a home is one of the most important steps to getting your home ready for the market. A 2019 study done by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) revealed that 83% of buyers’ agents said “staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.”
The thought of staging an entire home can be daunting, especially if you have already started the moving process. But it doesnt have to be an overwhelming or expensive undertaking. To help you out we’ve gathered some inexpensive and easy-to-find items that will immediately modernize and brighten up the spaces in your home.
Plush, white towels are the perfect way to stage your bathrooms as a clean and luxurious space. Neatly folding or rolling up your towels and adding a few spa-like accents can give your bathroom a modern hotel vibe, making your potential buyers a feel comfortable and relaxed.
Whether you choose faux or real, plants have the ability to instantly brighten any space. Air Plants can be a great choice for staging because they don’t need soil to grow! Not only are they easy to maintain but they can be displayed in a variety of creative ways.
LED candles are an elegant substitute for traditional flame candles. They are safe, can stay on for hours at a time, and create the same warm and inviting ambiance. Place them in the darker rooms and spaces of your home to bring warmth and light to every corner.
Colorful and textured throw pillows are a creative choice for more neutral spaces of your home. Modernize your living room by adding a few tasteful pillows to the sofa and chairs. Accents like this add a pop of color without dominating the whole vibe of the room.
Bowl of fruit
Fruit is a common, yet timeless staging item that works well in kitchens and dining rooms. Fruit bowls add elements of color and freshness. Choose fruits like lemons, green apples, or oranges that stay fresh for much longer than fruits that ripen quickly like bananas or pears.
Mirrors are a chic and graceful option if you want to brighten up a room or corner. They have the ability to capture light and project it into darker spaces, instantly making any space feel bigger and lighter. They are also charming replacements for busy or overly-colorful paintings if you are looking to neutralize a space.
One of the simplest and most inexpensive ways to freshen up a room is to place flowers in a vase or jar. Adding flowers around the house and keeping them fresh and alive will let potential buyers know that you are intentional about caring for each room in your home.
In addition to these items, here are a few other ways you can distinguish your home from the competition.
- Choose neutral paint colors for the walls: Not only do neutral paint colors like grays, beiges, and taupes help you sell your home faster, they actually have the power to get you more for your home!
- Declutter: Personal items and clutter will distract buyers from what you really want them to notice– your beautiful spaces in your home! Use this decluttering process as a way to bring only the essentials into your new home.
- Focus on what matters: If you have already removed the furniture from your home, don’t feel pressured to completey stage every room in the house. Focus your energy and resources on the rooms that have more influence on a buyer’s decision, like the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom.
- Don’t forget about curb appeal: First impressions are everything, especially when it comes to one of the biggest investments someone will ever make. Simply adding some fresh mulch, planting flowers, edging the lawn, and painting your front door can add major curb appeal points.
- It’s the little things: Spend some time walking around your home and repairing any minor impurities such a scratchs and nicks on door frames or moulding. While these small details may not seem like a make or break, they can signal neglect to home buyers.