Prepare Your Home for Sale
List, market and sell your home with Allen Tate.
We get results.
Allen Tate is the largest independently owned residential real estate company in the Carolinas and the ninth largest nationwide among non-franchised, independent brokers. We help more homebuyers than any other real estate company in the Carolinas. When you're ready to sell your home, turn to Allen Tate for the best results.
Choose Your Realtor
Finding the right Realtor is an important first step. You're forging a partnership with a shared goal, so finding the right match is important. Know what you're looking for in an agent and ask friends for referrals. It's a good idea to ask your potential agent questions. It's also a good idea to listen to the questions they will ask you. At Allen Tate, we have more than 1,400 professional real estate agents. If you've worked with us before, find your Realtor in our directory. If you haven't, we'll help you find one to sell your home.
Get Your House Ready for Market
- Set up a free, no-obligation Pre-Market Consultation with an Allen Tate Realtor. We'll come out, tour your home and make suggestions. We know the local market and current trends and we'll use that expertise to help you prepare to sell your home. We'll also discuss your options, based on our experience and knowledge of market conditions and your personal situation.
- If you need help with repairs and improvements as you start to sell your home, we can help. Allen Tate Home Services is a free service that helps you find professionals to take care of all your home maintenance and repair needs. Our service providers are fully insured, licensed and bonded professionals you can count on. We require that our service providers maintain a 95 percent satisfaction rate.
The Right Price Helps Sell Your Home
To sell your home, it's important to determine the right list price. At no cost or obligation to you, we will prepare a Competitive Market Analysis Consultation to determine that price. We use market data and statistics and our extensive knowledge of the real estate market to come up with your unique market position. This is a crucial step when putting your home on the market. Setting your list price incorrectly can mean more days on the market and less money to you in the long run.
Market Your Home
We immediately put your home in front of people who are actively looking for a home in a wide variety of ways. We're the No. 1 real estate company in the Carolinas because we work hard to sell your home. Here are just a few of the ways we can market your home. Your agent will discuss your many marketing options:
- The recognizable Allen Tate sign in your yard helps promote your home to people who pass by.
- Online promotion. Surveys show that almost 90 percent of homebuyers turn to the Internet to search for a home, so a strong web presence is a smart way to sell your home. Your home will be posted on allentate.com, which gets more than millions of page views every month. Potential buyers can take a video tour of your home through our website. Your listing is immediately shared with our 600 partner companies in Leading Real Estate Companies of the World and on 5,000 websites worldwide, each with a unique audience. Your home's location will be pinpointed on TateMAP, our exclusive online interactive map search, and details will be searchable by potential buyers.
- Electronic marketing. We'll use 1st to Know, our free, customized email program to alert potential buyers when your home goes on the market. Thousands of messages are sent daily to prospects with homes matching criteria they've selected.
- Peace of mind. We'll give you the option of providing a home warranty to potential buyers. For as little as $399 (paid only when you close), you can offer a home warranty for the buyer of your home. They can move in without worry, and you can even use the warranty at no additional cost while your home is listed.
From Contract to Closing
We continue to work with you even after you've accepted an offer. Taking care of the details of finalizing a deal can be complicated. Leave it to us. We know the process and we'll handle all the details leading up to the closing - we're right by your side for inspections, negotiations, repairs and dealing with inspectors, contractors, attorneys and more. We verify that processes for mortgage, insurance, title, survey and finding a closing attorney are in place. And we're right there with you when the papers are signed.
Your Next Move
Where are you headed after you sell your home? Whether you're moving into the Carolinas, out of the Carolinas or anywhere in the country, Allen Tate Relocation and Corporate Services is here to ease your transition. Not only can we sell your home here, we also can help you find a qualified, professional Realtor who is an expert on the local community where you're headed.